Upgrades are required to ensure system compatibility and support. Each upgrade brings new features, as well as performance and stability improvements that increase your competitive advantage.
While upgrades can sometimes be challenging, when handled correctly they are a painless experience.
Here at BES, we’ve put considerable effort into streamlining the Sage 300 upgrade process for our customers which has given us an excellent track record for success.
Why should I upgrade?
- To increase efficiency and competitive advantage by making use of better technology.
- To take advantage of the security improvements of new versions of Sage 300 that help safeguard your organisation.
- To receive guaranteed support from Sage if you encounter an issue with Sage 300 that we are unable to resolve. Sage offers this support for the current version of Sage 300 (2019) and the two previous versions (2018 and 2017) to customers who are up-to-date with their annual software assurance payments.
When should I upgrade?
- At least once every two years to stay within Sage’s support cycle.
- When your hardware (servers) is due for replacement, or you are migrating to a new IT vendor.
- When your Microsoft software (Windows server, SQL server, Office, etc) requires an upgrade but your version of Sage 300 is too old to support the latest versions of this software.
How do I upgrade?
We aim to take the complexity out of the process for our customers by following these basic steps:
- You tell us when you want to upgrade
- We check your current system and identify any specific requirements
- We provide an upgrade overview detailing system requirements, an action plan and an estimate
- You confirm the system requirements, action plan and estimate
- We test the upgrade process then let you know we’re ready to proceed
- On the agreed date we perform the live upgrade and testing
- You confirm that your needs have been met